Check out these famous friends of felines throughout history.
- Mohammed (570-632) – The founder of the Muslim faith approved of cats but felt dogs were unclean. It is said that he once cut off a sleeve in order not to disturb his sleeping cat.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) The statesman enjoyed eating with his ginger kitten, Jock. Servants were often sent to find the pet so meals cound begin.
- Abraham Lincoln – Abraham Lincoln’s cat, Tabby, was the first of several White House cats.
- Charles Dickens – Charles Dicken’s cat give birth to a litter of cats. Dickens only allowed one of these kittens to remain with its mother. The kitten was known as the ‘Master’s Cat’. The kitten would snuff out Dicken’s candle in order to gain his attention.
- Sir Isaac Newton – Sir Isaac Newton, the scientist who first described the principle of gravity, also invented the swinging cat door for the convenience of his many cats.